Thursday, December 3, 2009

More Event Hype: Have You Signed Up For My Talk Yet?


Next Thursday (Dec. 10) I am joining forces with smart-guy Sean Bordner to talk about "Private Social Networks vs Publicly Available Tools" at the Grand Hyatt Washington. 

I'm pretty excited about this presentation topic because it is a question a lot of association people ask me and one that I faced previously in my career. How does one know if it is enough to have a presence on Facebook and interact with members from there as opposed to using a private network built to work with a database?


Not every association has the same goals or needs. We'll get to talk about that during the session (I'll be giving examples of associations who have successfully stayed with a public social networking tool) and it should be a good time.


The event is free, but you need to register to attend. It starts at 8 a.m. and runs until 11 a.m.


If you have any suggestions about association examples I should use or if you have any questions about the event, please let me know by commenting here or emailing me at klitalien [at] delcor [dot] com.


Here's what we're scheduled to go over:

  • How are associations utilizing publicly available tools?
  • What is the process to follow when making the decision?
  • What should you look for in a public or private solution?
  • Can both options peacefully coexist within the same organization?
  • How do you measure ROI for a community?
  • How can you make sure that whatever you choose integrates with your overall strategy?
Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!