Monday, February 22, 2010

These Are a Few of my Favorite (Online) Things - Image Post






1. I love using fivesecondtest for quick feedback about design. Sometimes it gives me just a smidge more courage on how I feel about a design before I show someone else.

2. I check out bit.ly daily to see how many clicks my shared links have received. Sometimes I am surprised by the number and it can guide me on what I choose to post about later.





3. Once upon a time I didn't use delicious as much as I do now. I don't think I grasped the amount of data I  would be consuming and wanting to use later. If you give presentations and need to keep track of helpful information, case studies, tools, or any type of specific topic; delicious can be your best friend. Bonus: I enjoy using the delicious tag search to see what other people are saving under certain words like "socialmedia" and "presentation" and "usability" - a quick way to find interesting information!

4. Who doesn't like Wired magazine? 





5. I read Acronym blog, ASAE & The Center's official blog for associations, every day. I am a chronic lurker who only occasionally comments, although I enjoy reading it quite a bit. 


6. Lifehacker was made for people like me. I love to find ways to add technology to make my life easier. Lifehacker features various ways to make your life easier or cooler using gadgets or simple items you can find at home. Do you like Make magazine? If so, you would like Lifehacker.



Finally, a quick shout out to one of my favorite non-business related blogs: Absolutely Beautiful Things is a place I go online to be inspired....http://absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com/. These are just a few of my favorite online places.  What are some of your faves?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for including Acronym in your list! I'm really glad you enjoy reading. (And I'm bookmarking that Absolutely Beautiful Things blog--how cool!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!